ATTENTION: cookies set up by services used on this website such as Open street Map may lead to your personal data being processed outside of the EU/EEA. In some countries, and especially in the USA, there is no adequate level of protection to personal data. There is, among others, a risk that authorities may access your personal data for security and surveillance purposes without informing you or giving you the right to appeal. If you consent to this, the transfer of your data will be based on article 49, paragraph 1, point “a” of the GDPR, instead of on the articles indicated in the respective sections below.
Contact Details of the Data Controller
The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the EU Member States as well as other data protection provisions is:
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg)
Berliner Tor 5
Fax: + 49.40.42875-9149
HAW Hamburg is a public corporation. It is legally represented by
Prof. Dr. Ute Lohrentz
President of HAW Hamburg
Berliner Tor 5
Contact details of the data protection officer at HAW Hamburg
datenschutz nord GmbH
Scope of Processing the Personal Data
When you visit our website, you transmit data to our web server via your Internet browser. The following data are temporarily recorded in a log file via an active connection that is established for communication purposes between your Internet browser and our web server:
- The IP address of the requesting computer
- The date and time of access
- The name, URL, and the size of the retrieved file that has been transferred
- Access status (the requested file was transferred, not found, etc.)
- Identification data about the used browser and operating system (if transmitted by the requesting web browser)
- Referring website (if transmitted by the requesting web browser)
In individual cases, i.e., in response to reported faults, errors, and security incidents, a manual analysis is performed.
The legal basis for processing this data is article 6, paragraph 1, point “ e” and article 6, paragraph 3, both of the GDPR, as well as paragraph 4 of the Hamburg Data Protection Act, and paragraph 3 of the Hamburg Higher Education Act.
Data storage in forms
We use forms on our websites in order, for example, to allow users to register for events or courses or to sign up for the press release, mailing list or a newsletter, or to be part of the BIO-PLASTICS EUROPE pool of stakeholders. The personal data that you provide to us via our websites are accepted only with your consent and are used exclusively for the purposes stated in the forms insofar as there is no legal basis to collect them otherwise. If you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the corresponding notices that are provided on the forms.
All of the forms are only used to collect personal information that is strictly necessary. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties unless this is explicitly stated in the form. The legal basis for processing this data is the informed consent according to article 6, paragraph 1, point “a” of the GDPR.
It is also possible to establish contact via the e-mail addresses provided on the HAW Hamburg websites. In this case of public interest, the user's personal data that are transmitted by e-mail will be stored in the inbox of the recipient. Such data are not forwarded to third parties. The legal basis for processing this data is article. 6, paragraph 1, point “e”, and article 6, paragraph 3, both of GDPR, as well as paragraph 4 of the Hamburg Data Protection Act, and paragraph 3 of the Hamburg Higher Education Act.
Information about necessary cookies
To optimize our web presence, we use necessary session cookies. These are small text files stored in your computer's main memory. These cookies are deleted after you close the browser. Other cookies remain on your computer (long-term cookies) and permit its recognition on your next visit. The legal basis for processing this data is article. 6, paragraph 1, point “e”, and article 6, paragraph 3, both of GDPR, as well as paragraph 4 of the Hamburg Data Protection Act, and paragraph 3 of the Hamburg Higher Education Act.
Web analysis with Matomo
This website uses the open source analysis tool MATOMO (formerly Piwik) (www.matomo.org,) to generate statistical reports on the use of the website. MATOMO stores the collected data (including time, page retrieved, browser used, operating system) in a database. The evaluations generated by MATOMO are completely anonymous and cannot be used to identify individuals. IP addresses are pseudonymised before they enter the database to comply with legal requirements. A linking of the stored data with other data sources or a transfer to third parties does not take place.
This tool is only functional if you have accepted Statistics Cookies in our cookie banner.
The legal basis for processing this data is the informed consent according to article 6, section 1, point “a” of the GDPR.
Incorporation of third-party services and content
We use content from third parties on our online offering, such as videos from YouTube and maps from Google Maps. In addition, we have integrated the Google search engine into our offering. This requires that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as “third party providers”) are able to see the IP addresses of users as the content cannot be sent to the browser of the respective user without the IP address. Therefore, the IP address is required to display such content. Nevertheless, we have no influence over whether such third-party providers store the IP address, such as for statistical purposes, for example. We will inform the users about any details we have in this respect.
Mapbox, Openstreet Map
On this website, we use the services of Mapbox, Inc. Mapbox uses the technology of OpenStreetMap, a free project of the OpenStreetMap Foundation. This allows us to display maps directly on our website. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the provider can be found in the respective data protection declaration available at: https://www.mapbox.com/legal/privacy/.
You can choose upfront whether you want to use the services of Openstreet Map: no data will be transmitted until you click on the confirmation banner to access the map. If you do not want to use this service, this can limit the functionality of our Internet offers as a result. Mapbox, Inc’s contact details are as follows:
5th Floor 740 15th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: +1 202-250-3633
The legal basis for processing this data is the informed consent according to article 6, paragraph 1, point “a” of the GDPR.
Deletion of the Personal Data
Your personal data will be deleted after the purpose for which they were collected has been fulfilled, unless you have given your consent to be contacted again. Consent can be revoked with effect for the future. Please contact us under email@example.com. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use.
Rights of the Data Subject
Users of our website have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data that is stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR).
- Right to request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Right to the erasure of personal data concerning you, unless the processing of such data is required for purposes of exercising the right of freedom of expression and information or of complying with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 GDPR).
- Right to the restriction of the processing of personal data (Art. 18 GDPR).
- Right to object to any processing that is in the public interest or is used for purposes of profiling, unless we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 21 GDPR). Right to revoke your previously given consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time for future collection, processing and use (Art. 7 (3) GDPR). If you exercise this right, we may no longer perform the data processing that we had been performing on the basis of such consent.
- Right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the terms of the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).
Inquiries can be directed to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.